STITCH Design Shop puts their pen to the paper to bring the vision of their clients to life. This North Carolina architecture firm understands the trends, but they also don’t let what’s happening in the industry define their way of thinking.
Unique, simple and modern, every design is met to meet the vision of clients while also incorporating the best design practices.
Who is STITCH Design?
STITCH Design Shop is one of the up-and-coming Winston Salem architecture firms and is leading the way as one of the best North Carolina, modern architects available. Working with the company is a turn key process that they describe as “holistic”, and this is to ensure that all of your goals are met.
The process includes:
- Assessment. The key to success is that the Group’s team will listen to your goals and help you define them. Putting your goals to paper makes it easier to fully understand what the project entails and what criteria must be met.
- Research and Strategy. The goals that are formed in the assessment portion will then be developed further with research and strategy. The research phase leads to the strategy that will be taken to bring the project to life.
- Concept Design. The concept design phase is where the pen meets the paper. All of the ideas come to life in this phase, where design concepts are drawn up.
- Construction Drawings. Concepts are brought to life in the construction drawing phase, where there are coordinated drawings that show how the construction process brings the concept to life.
- Shovels in the Ground. Through the entire process, STITCH is by your side to make sure that the entire intent of the design is followed through the construction phase.
- Finishing Strong. Before you occupy the building, team members will perform an assessment, ensuring that the project performance has been met.
The Design Group has been helping bring concepts to life since 2012, and the group has won several awards throughout the years, including:
- Community Appearance Award
- AIA Winston-Salem Honor Award
- AIA Winston-Salem Merit Award
- George Matsumoto Prize 1st Place People’s Choice
The West Salem Modern Project
All images courtesy of STITCHDesignShop.com
STITCH Design Group recently created a vision for the future with their West Salem Modern project. The project is a beautiful mesh of modern design that respects the past. Located in West Salem, the project consists of five modern homes that range from 2,000 square feet to 2,400 square feet.
All homes are placed on a 1/5-acre lot.
When the team took on the project, they purchased, designed and built the residences.
STITCH used a lot of their own money to invest and develop an urban community that is affordable and sustainable.
The company chose to optimize their results through the implementation of:
- Mechanical systems
- Plumbing systems
- High-performance building envelopes
Slab-on-grade construction was used along with sealed crawl spaces.
Materials used on the outside of the building include:
- Metal panels
- Brick veneer
- Cementitious siding
- Metal panels and TPO membranes
- Roof trusses
- Spray-foam insulation
The building has integrated technology audio, lighting and security.
One of the homes from the project is currently for sale, and the home spans three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Beautifully designed, the home is selling for $439,000 and features:
- Beautiful natural light with large windows that illuminate the interior of the home, and heat it, too.
- Modern finishes throughout the entire home.
- High-efficiency everything, from low-E windows to heat pump.
- Nest thermostat to keep your electric bill under control.
- Tankless water heater that heats water on use rather than wasting electricity.
- Conditioned attic offering great storage space.
Offering an open concept, the project features the main bedroom on the first floor – forget about having to walk up flights of stairs to reach your bed. There’s an en-suite bath as well as a walk-in closet.
An additional half bath is featured on the main floor along with a second full bath on the second floor.
The home is both functional and beautiful, and it depicts the modern design that STITCH Design Group centers around.
STITCH Design Group has also been tasked with other major commercial projects, including the AFAS Center for the Arts, Bailey Park, Greensboro Children’s Museum and several other projects that promote sustainability, open spaces and energy-efficient design concepts that follow the best “green” practices.
If you are looking to build modern in the state of North Carolina, your first call should be to STITCH Design.
Visit them online for more info: https://stitchdesignshop.com/profile
For Residential buildings choose “Other” to get started